Brain Food for 3/24/2017
Check out some interesting reads while you eat your lunch!
Hey P-Nats Fans! Media Relations and Broadcast Assistant Andrew Grella back here with you again today. This is a segment I like to call Brain Food. These are a list of articles/other blogs about former Potomac Nationals, the Nationals organization or other reads I found interesting so that you can catch up on all your favorite players while you sit down and eat your lunch. Check out all the links below!
1. Read how Erick Fedde almost chose soccer over baseball. Good thing he didn’t! The Nats’ top pitching prospect dominated the Mets yesterday, throwing five shutout innings against the NL East rivals in what will most likely be his second to last spring training outing before the regular season.
Washington Post article written by Chelsea Jane, “The Nationals’ top pitching prospect nearly chose soccer instead”
2. Read Eddie Matz’s take about Koda Glover and whether or not he could be the Nats closer in 2017. Glover began the season with Potomac last season before skyrocketing all the way up to the Majors.
ESPN Blog written by Eddie Matz, “Koda Glover, Nationals’ walking, talking ‘Wild Thing’ — and 2017 closer?”
3. Read about former P-Nat Sammy Solis’ European getaway during the offseason. I might plan my next trip with this guy.
ESPN story written by Eddie Matz, “National Lampoons European Vacation: Sammy Solis shares epic trip across the pond.”
4. Check out the Sports Illustrated MLB most underrated team, written by Jay Jaffe. A Nationals player makes the list and may make you feel good about Washington’s offseason moves.
SI story written by Jay Jaffe, “Rays’ Kevin Kiermaier, trio of Indians highlight preseason All-Underrated team”
5. Check out this feature that ranks MLB players based on their trade values. A few Nationals make part two of this list, with part one still to come.
SI story written by Jonah Keri, “2017 MLB Trade Value player rankings, Part 2: Nos. 50–21”
Hope you enjoyed today’s reads and most importantly that you enjoyed your lunch. I just moved to Woodbridge from Upstate NY last Friday. Any suggestions for great food? Leave me an answer in the comments or on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks for reading today’s edition of P-Nats and Cracker Jacks! Until next time! Have a great weekend! Go P-Nats!